Table of Contents
Statement Important Information
Statement Backer Loans
Statement Backer Loans PDF Instructions
Statement Important Information Loans
Digital Banking Access Agreement
Digital Banking ESIGN
Please read below for important information and notices from BankNewport. (These documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat.)
2021 Privacy Notice
Please click here to view the 2020 Privacy Notice
If you have any questions regarding your account or discover an error, call us at 401.845.2265 or 877.709.2265 outside the Newport County area or write to us at the following address:
Newport, RI 02840
Deposit Accounts are Non-Transferable
Personal deposit accounts, such as CDs and savings accounts, cannot be transferred to another person or to a corporate entity.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt please call us at 401.845.2265 or 877.709.2265 outside the Newport County area or write us at BankNewport, P.O. Box 450, Newport, RI 02840 as soon as you can, We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared.
1. Tell us your name and account number (if any).
2. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we will credit your account the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete our investigation.
In case of Errors or Questions about your Electronic Transfers or Loan Statements:
Electronic Transfers or Loan Statements: If you think that your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer or transaction on your statement or receipt, call us at the number shown above or write us at the address above as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. You can call us, but you must also write us to preserve your rights regarding a loan billing error.
In your letter, please give the following information: your name and account number; the dollar amount of the suspected error; and a description of the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
Electronic Transfers: We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we will credit your account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
Loan Statements: You do not have to pay any amount in question while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of you bill that are not in question. While we investigate your question, we cannot report you as delinquent or take any action to collect the amount you question.
Finance Charge Calculations for Overdraft Line of Credit Accounts (Personal Reserve) Based on Average Daily Balance Computation Method:
Calculating your Finance Charge: We compute your finance charge by multiplying the average daily balance of your account by the daily periodic rate.
Calculating your Average Daily Balance: To get the "average daily balance" we take the beginning balance subject to a particular rate each day during the billing cycle, add any balances subject to that rate resulting from new loans, and subtract any payments, credits, unpaid finance charges, and unpaid insurance premiums which apply to balances subject to that rate. This gives us the daily balance subject to that rate. Then, we add up all such daily balances for the billing cycle and divide the total by the number of days in the billing cycle. This gives us the "average daily balance."
Change of Address:
To update your address, please call Customer Service at 401.845.2265 or 877.709.2265 (toll free). You may also visit your your local Branch or you may change your address online by signing into your account via Online Banking and clicking "Other Services".
Thank you for banking with BankNewport.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS
Telephone us at 401.846.3400 or 800.234.8586 (Outside Newport County, RI) or write us at: Servicing Center, PO Box 450, Newport, RI 02840, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared.
1. Tell us your name and account number.
2. Describe the error or transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe there is an error or why you need more information.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we will recredit your account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
The following pertains to accounts established for personal, family, or household purposes only.
BILLING RIGHTS SUMMARY
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU FIND A MISTAKE ON YOUR STATEMENT
If you think there is an error on your statement, write to us at the address shown on the front of this statement as soon as possible. In your letter, give us the following information:
1. Account Information: Your name and account number.
2. Dollar Amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
3. Description of Problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you think is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement. You must notify us of any potential errors in writing (or electronically). You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question. While we investigate whether or not there has been an error, the following are true:
We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount. The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. But, if we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount. While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance. We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
IF YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS ARE SHOWN INCORRECTLY, PLEASE COMPLETE THE SECTION BELOW AND RETURN THIS SECTION TO US BY MAIL OR DELIVER TO OUR ADDRESS.
THIS CHANGE APPLIES TO:
MORTGAGE LOAN # ____________________________________
COMMERCIAL LOAN # ____________________________________
LINE OF CREDIT # ____________________________________
INSTALLMENT LOAN # ____________________________________
Print/Save Digital Documents to PDF
BankNewport provides this information as a courtesy. Using this option is not required. Downloading of the software, and its use, are done at your own risk.
Cute PDF Writer is a free software program from Acro Software, Inc. that allows the user to save and print PDF documents to and from personal computing devices. Click the link below or copy and paste the link to your browser, for Terms and Conditions and Legal Notices from Acro Software.
Be mindful during the (download) install process that certain options that are offered are not free and may include a cost.
To download the CutePDF Writer:
1. Log onto www.cutepdf.com
2. Select the second product option, titled “CutePDF Writer (Freeware).”
** Do not select CutePDF Pro, as that product is not free. **
3. Click the “Free Download” link.
4. A dialog box will pop up. Click “Run.”
5. Click “Run” in the second dialog box.
6. Click “Next” when the “Set Up Wizard” box pops up.
7. Click on “I accept” on the terms and conditions box.
8. On the “Ask.com Toolbar” screen uncheck all three boxes.
Do not download this toolbar, as it is used to track your web activity. Downloading the toolbar is not a requirement to get CutePDF.
9. Click Install to “Download Converter.”
To save your Digital Documents
1. Log into your Internet Banking account.
2. Click on Statements
3. Once in Statements, go to the dated statement you wish to save.
4. Click on the “Printable Version” link to open the statement in a new window. This enables you to save in normal 8.5 x 11 format.
5. A “Print” dialog box will open automatically.
Note: You do not have to print the document. This is simply how you access CutePDF to save the document.
6. Choose “CutePDF” as the printer to use by double-clicking it (or selecting this, and clicking the Ok command button.)
7. A “Save” dialog box will pop up. Save the file with the name and location of your choice.
Save time and money by using our convenient autodraft program. Your payment can be drafted directly from any checking or savings account, located at any financial institution.
For more details about our autodraft program please contact our Servicing Center at 401.846.3400 or 800.234.8586 (toll free) or complete the form below and mail to: Servicing Center, PO Box 450, Newport, RI 02840 or fax to 401.845.6518.
Please click here to download a copy of our Automatic Draft Authorization Form:
This document is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat.
DISCLOSURE REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW
READ AND SCROLL DOWN
ELECTRONIC RECORDS DISCLOSURE AND AGREEMENT
Welcome to BANKNEWPORT’S Digital Banking Services (the “Services”). As part of the enrollment process and in order to use the Services, you must agree to the terms and conditions governing the use of the Services (such terms and conditions being the “Digital Banking Services Access Agreement and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure”). To enroll in the Services, you must agree to receive a copy of the Digital Banking Services Access Agreement and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure and other “Materials” (as defined below) electronically. We will need your consent to provide you with these Materials electronically. Therefore, please review the terms of this Electronic Records Disclosure and Agreement (the “Agreement”) prior to giving your consent, and retain a copy of this Agreement for your records.
Materials You Will Receive Electronically. By providing your consent under this Agreement, you agree that BANKNEWPORT (the “Bank”) will provide you with the following documents and information (the “Materials”) solely in electronic form:
- The Bank’s Digital Banking Services Access Agreement and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure, which includes certain content regarding the electronic fund transfers you may make through the Services;
- Any addenda or supplement to the Digital Banking Services Access Agreement and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure provided to you when you enroll for additional products or services related to the Services that we may offer to you from time to time; and
- Notices of any amendments or changes to the Digital Banking Services Access Agreement and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure or other Materials.
Your Consent is Required. You must consent to receiving these Materials before we can provide them to you electronically. Your consent will apply to your enrollment in the Services and any Materials we provide or make available to you.
Paper Copy of Materials. If you do not want to receive the Materials electronically, you should exit this area of our website. If you do not consent to receiving an electronic copy of the Materials, we will not be able to enroll you in the Services. If you consent to receive the Materials electronically, you can also request a paper copy of the Materials by contacting our Digital Banking Center by phone at 401.845.2265 or toll free at 877.709.2265 outside the Newport County area. We will not charge you any fees for providing a paper copy of the Materials.
Withdrawing Your Consent. If you later decide you do not want to receive the Materials electronically, you may withdraw your consent by contacting our Digital Banking Center by phone at the number listed above. If you withdraw your consent, however, you may no longer use the Services.
Updating Your Contact Information. If you consent to receive the Materials electronically, we will contact you at the email address you have provided to us. Please be certain that we have your correct and updated email address. If you change your email address, you may provide your new email address to us through the Digital Banking Service Center or by contacting our Digital Banking Center by phone at the number listed above.
System Requirements to Access the Information. To receive an electronic copy of the Materials, you must have the following equipment and software:
- You must have a personal computer or other access device, which is capable of accessing the Internet (e.g., you must have a modem and available phone line, a cable Internet connection or some other means of access to the Internet, and you must have an active account with an Internet service provider). Your access to this page verifies that your system meets these requirements.
- You must have an Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit SSL encrypted communications, which requires a minimum web browser version of the two most recent versions of Microsoft® Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari, and your system must have 128-bit SSL encryption software. Your access to this page verifies that your browser and encryption software meet these requirements.
System Requirements to Retain the Information. To retain a copy of the Materials being provided to you electronically, you must be able to print them. You must have a functioning printer connected to your personal computer or other access device, which is able to print the Materials on plain white 8½ x 11 inch paper.
Systems Enhancements. If the form of the Materials changes to as to require different or additional hardware or software, or upgrades, plug-ins or enhancements to the hardware or software used by you (all such changes referred to as a “Systems Enhancement”), we will notify you and you may either terminate the Services or upgrade your hardware and/or software as required by the Systems Enhancement. If the Bank determines that the need for a Systems Enhancement creates a material risk that you may not be able to access or retain the Materials electronically, the Bank will notify you and allow you to either: (a) withdraw your consent to the Services or (b) re-confirm your consent to receive the Materials in a manner that reasonably demonstrates that you have upgraded your hardware or software to conform to the required Systems Enhancement. If you choose to withdraw your consent, or you fail to re-confirm your consent, the Bank will terminate the Services and you will receive the Materials in paper form thereafter.
Consent. By selecting "I Confirm" below, you give your affirmative consent to our providing electronic Materials to you as described herein. You further agree that your computer satisfies the hardware and software requirements specified above and that you have provided us with a current email address at which we may send electronic Materials to you.
This system allows you to conduct your banking transactions via our automated line, allowing you to bank at your convenience.
- Automated Customer Authentication Process: You will need to complete the authentication process, each time you call, using a BankNewport account number & 4-digit pin.
- Improved Self-Service Transaction Options: Transfer funds, check account balances, transaction inquiries, place stop payments on checks.
- Account Security: You may no longer use the last 4-digits of your Social Security number as your PIN. If you are, you will be asked to change your PIN upon completing the authentication process.
To set up your Authentication PIN, please call 401.845.2265. You will need to enter a BankNewport account number and a 4-digit number, to be used as your PIN.
If you already have a PIN that is NOT your Social Security number, your PIN will remain the same.
If you still wish to speak to a Customer Service Representative, please select Option 1 (Account Services), complete the authentication process and press zero, additional verification questions may be asked.
BankNewport Telephone Banking: 401.845.2265 | 877.709.2265 (toll free)