2021 Financial Education Fair
Welcome! BankNewport is proud of our continued partnership with your school to present financial education designed to help students increase their skills and understanding of financial basics, to begin to form good spending habits, and be confident in making financial decisions with their present and future in mind.
The Financial Education Fair will place students through a realistic budget experience and put into practice what they have learned during virtual classroom presentations. Instead of gathering for an ‘in person’ Fair this year, the resources on this page were provided by local businesses so that students may prepare their personal budget worksheet by making lifestyle spending decisions based on their chosen career, monthly income, and living expenses. The goal of the Fair is for students to have a better understanding of what it takes to make ends meet month to month and understand that managing their personal finances can pave the way for a bright economic future.
- Your teacher will designate the timeframe during which you will need to complete this budget exercise.
- Before beginning this exercise, please be sure to complete Page One of your budget worksheet (that lists your career and net monthly income).
- Please review all of the videos and the PDF resources presented on this page.
- All of the resources will offer various spending decisions for you to make based on your own personal decisions and monthly budget.
- Please consult with your teacher with any questions that you may have in order to complete your budget worksheet.
- Once completed, please submit your budget worksheet to your teacher for follow-up review/class discussion.
Resources to Complete Your Budget Worksheet
BankNewport has partnered with College Ave Student Loans to offer access to Student Loans. With a customer-friendly experience from application through repayment, College Ave Student Loans will help you find your best college loan in a way you can understand, and they'll make it fast and easy. Click here to learn more.
For further information about the overall student loan process, visit: https://www.risla.com/student-loans-overview